Monday, February 23, 2009

Unit 731 2







There are still a few elderly Chinese people in the north and central regions that bare the external wounds of anthrax infections but all here are taught to remember what the Japanese did 70 years ago.
Another Youtube search line: THE FOOT OF ALL EVIL - 1/2
will give you an idea of what these individuals endure.
This search line will take you to a documentary about the lasting effects of anthrax infections. Again you may not want to watch.


I have added to this post a picture of a Chinese family that I followed through the museum. The mother stood sternly behind her 9 year old son as he read every piece of information. An interesting choice for a day out over the winter vacation. It was saddening and simultaneously imploring. I found it striking to see this child being forced to think about those things which I at my age find difficult to comtemplate.
There are no Japanese in Daqing, not even at the cooks at the Japanese restaurant are Japanese and no one here is particularly interested in ever visiting Japan. Understandible I supose.

No comments: