Monday, September 29, 2008

Daqing Museum






Today my friend Henry took me to the Daqing Museum. He called at 9:40am while I was sitting in my jogging pants drinking tea and reading. He informed me that there was free guided tour of the Daqing Museum at 10:00am and we should go see it. Needless to say we missed the guided tour part but the museum was great and located about a 5 minute walk from my house. It is is hard to know what anything is when you can read the symbols. Here are a couple pics of the museum. After that we passed by the opera house and then went into the largest bookstore in Daqing. I bought three books. I, know, like I need more books. I must say I am addicted. The best one is a book of typical three word sentences that students learn when they are young in China. I am terribly excited because it is written in Chinese characters, Chinese pin yin and English. Perfect. I may actually be able to read the store signs some day. I also bought a similar type book that is all Confucius quotes. I threw Dicken's: A Tale of Two Cities in for good measure (it's all Enlgish).




Hope you like the pics. I have a great story from today and a bunch of other pictures I hope to get up on the blog this week.

No comments: