Thursday, September 4, 2008

Some Pics of the Office





Pretty swanky place. This is the newest English First school in all of China and I am the first new teacher at this school. There are only two other foreign teachers: Don and Cindie but they have been around Daqing for a while and worked at EF 1 (the other EF school in Daqing).


I love the 'EF' in the ceiling of our main area. It lights up. So cool! I arrived on the day of the grand opening. I will see if I can get a picture or two from the big event. There were models carrying the big ribbon that was cut, cannons fired, and giant inflatable balloons.

All the doors have these round porthole-type windows. It's just very clean and exceptionally nice.

I have just received my schedule for the weekend so I am going to work on preparing lesson plans. I hope to get a few pictures from the waterfront up later and maybe some of the apartment. It's all very clean and very nice. Way more than I expected.

Time to get to work.