Thursday, October 2, 2008

Daqing Dusk



October 2nd. I am very tired and my feet hurt from four days of touring around Daqing.

Today I was lucky enough to be taken to two Buddist temples. I have many great photos to post but chose the two that mean the most to me.


First, a pair of mythical birds in a nest to symbolize the beauty of man and woman. The unity of a couple and the love between individuals.


The second photo is of dusk as it falls over Daqing. We were at the second monestary as the sun was sinking. We had just walked through what the real China looks like I think. The existence outside the city limits. Shacks, dirty roads and meager conditions. The monestary was somewhat decrepid and the construction all around it told its own story. Long days of hard work for little pay and no rest (today was part of a National holiday).


I will leave this post here but post more photos and some comments tomorrow.


No comments: