Saturday, January 24, 2009

Happy New Year from Daqing







Today is Chinese New Year's Eve. The thing to do is spend the evening with family and eat dumplings at mid-night. Everyone has traveled home to be with family. China was buzzing with travelers for the past week as students and the working class were making their way back to their home towns. There have been firecrackers going off at all times of the day and night.


A student found out that I had no plans and invited me and another teacher to spend the evening with her and her family. It should be nice to welcome in the New Year with a traditional Chinese family.

I don't think I will take my camera as I don't want to offend them by making a spectacle of their festivities. I will write about it instead.

All the best to everyone in this, the year of the OX.

No comments: